One of my all time favourite email forwards are these 20 Spiritual one-liners that Nahida sent across. Infact, I’ve taken a printout of these and have placed them in my Tickler File. Every now and then, the printout shows up as I process my Tickler File and I get the same effect as reading it the first time.
I’ve blogged earlier about Nahida and the selected email forwards she sends across, I’m not sure how many of you added yourself to Nahida’s mailing list, but I’m really glad I’m on it. If you’re keen, you can email her at email@example.com. and she’ll be more than happy to include you in. (There Nahida, I’ve said it, now I hope my cash is in the mail :-).
Okey dokey, Here are the 20 Spiritual one-liners:
1. Faith is the ability to not panic.
2. If you worry, you didn’t pray. If you prayed, don’t worry.
3. As a child of God, prayer is kinda like calling home every day.
4. Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
5. When we get tangled up in our problems, be still. God wants us to be still so He can untangle the knot.
6. Do the math. Count your blessings.
7. God wants spiritual fruit, not religious nuts.
8. Dear God: I have a problem. It’s me. (Arif’s note: Uff, now that’s Deep!)
9. Silence is often misinterpreted, but never misquoted.
10. Laugh every day – it’s like inner jogging.
11. The most important things in your home are the people.
12. Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.
13. There is no key to happiness. The door is always open. Come on in.
14. A grudge is a heavy thing to carry.
15. He who dies with the most toys is still dead.
16. We do not remember days but moments. Life moves too fast so enjoy your precious moments.
17. Nothing is real to you until you experience it; otherwise it’s just hearsay.
18. It’s all right to sit on your pity pot every now and again. Just be sure to flush when you are done. (< ---That's my favourite no1.)
19. Surviving and living your life successfully requires courage. The goals and it only makes progress when it sticks out its neck.
20. Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. No matter the storm, when you are with God, there’s always a rainbow waiting. (< ---That's my favourite no2.)