From all the email forwards I receive, I most look forward (pun not-intended) to the ones from Nahida Jumde co-founder of Jumde Arts Copy. Her email forwards are quite selective and it’s the really funny or thought-provoking that passes through her filter which then sends across. If interested, you can write to her by clicking here, she’d be pleased to add you to her mailing list.
Here’s a list of one-liners I received yesterday. You may have heard some of them, nonetheless you’ll still find gems in there. My personal favourites are highlighted in bold. Do let me know which you liked the most. Cheerio!
1. Regular naps prevents old age… especially if you take them while driving.
2. Having one child makes you a parent; having two makes you a referee.
3. Marriage is a relationship in which one person is always right and the other is the husband!
4. They said we should all pay our taxes with a smile. I tried- but they wanted cash.
5. A child’s greatest period of growth is the month after you’ve purchased new school uniforms.
6. Don’t feel bad. A lot of people have no talent.
7. Don’t marry the person you want to live with, marry the one you cannot live without…but whatever you do, you’ll regret it later.
8. You can’t buy love… but you pay heavily for it.
9. True friends stab you in the front.
10. Forgiveness is giving up my right to hate you for hurting me.
11. Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote.
12. Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired.
13. My wife and I always compromise. I admit I’m wrong and she agrees with me.
14. Those who can’t laugh at themselves leave the job to others.
15. Ladies first…… Pretty ladies sooner.
16. It doesn’t matter how often a married man changes his job, he still ends up with the same boss.
17. They call our language the mother tongue because the father seldom gets to speak.
18. Saving is the best thing…especially when your parents have done it for you.
19. Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something.
20. Real friends are the ones who survive transitions between address books .